INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST 29 NATURAL AND LEGAL PERSONS FOR MONEY LAUNDERING IN THE AMOUNT OF BAM 21.7 MILLION AND TAX EVASION IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF BAM 3.6 MILLION23.05.2014. 15:13
Prosecutor of the Special Department for Organized Crime, Economic Crime and Corruption of the Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina has issued an Indictment against fourteen (14) natural and fifteen (15) legal persons-companies, from the territories of Posušje, Cazin, Prnjavor and Tomislavgrad, charged with the criminal offenses of Money Laundering, as referred to in Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tax Evasion or Fraud, as referred to in Article 210 of the Criminal Code of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Tax Evasion, as referred to in Article 273 of the Criminal Code of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In twenty-two (22) counts of the Indictment, these persons are charged with carrying out fictitious turnover of goods in 2004 and 2005, by acting together and in agreement with the accused Marinko Bešlić aka Biličić (1961) and legal persons-companies of Bešlić d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje and Marjan-Commerce d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje, as well as in mutual business relations with various natural and legal persons, all with the intention of money laundering and tax evasion.
In their mutual illegal and fictitious transactions of the amounts ranging from BAM 160,000.00 to BAM 2,000,000.00, which were carried out between these accused legal and natural persons, the amount of approximately 21.7 million BAM was laundered and tax was evaded for around 3.6 million BAM; those were the amounts of money in which the budget of Bosnia and Herzegovina was damaged and citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina harmed.
This is one of the most extensive Indictments for money laundering and tax evasion in the post-Dayton Bosnia and Herzegovina, which encompasses twenty-nine (29) accused legal and natural persons, and the committed criminal offenses are described in twenty-two (22) counts of the Indictment.
The Indictment has been submitted together with as much as twenty-six (26) binders of extensive evidentiary material with over a thousand (1,000) pieces of evidence and financial documentation proving the commission of the criminal offenses in question.
The Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina, along with police and law enforcement agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina, resumes its activities aimed at detecting and prosecuting financial crime which damages the budget of Bosnia and Herzegovina and harm the citizens of our country.
The Indictment in the case of Bešlić et al. involves the following accused persons:
1. Marinko Bešlić, born on 09 August 1961 in Posušje;
2. Legal person of Bešlić d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje;
3. Legal person of Marjan-Commerce d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje;
4. Rifet Šepić, born on 27 February 1962 in Cazin;
5. Legal person of Lucky Trade d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
6. Legal person of Puškar Co d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
7. Edvin Beganović, born on 05 November 1968 in Bihać;
8. Legal person of Styrotherm d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
9. Idita Puškar, born on 26 March 1966 in Bihać;
10. Legal person of Crolim d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
11. Safet Puškar, born on 10 June 1963 in Cazin;
12. Legal person of Ida Comerc d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
13. Mijo Begić, born on 02 January 1968 in Posušje;
14. Biljana Begić, born on 08 November 1972 in Tomislavgrad;
15. Legal person of Femis d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje;
16. Veljko Lončar, born on 18 April 1968 in Posušje;
17. Legal person of Vokel d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Posušje;
18. Mario Čutura, born on 06 September 1978 in Široki Brijeg;
19. Legal person of Mo Tehno d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Mostar;
20. Ekrem Puškar, born on 13 September 1961 in Cazin;
21. Legal person of I-Crni d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
22. Hakija Halkić, born on 27 October 1965 in Cazin;
23. Legal person of Halko d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Cazin;
24. Irfan Mulalić, born on 24 November 1954 in Bihać;
25. Legal person of Top 25. maj d.d. /Joint Stock Company/ from Cazin;
26. Đorđe Trivunović, born on 03 March 1965 in Kupres;
27. Legal person of Komerc-Mali d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Prnjavor;
28. Marko Šarac, born on 25 June 1953 in Tomislavgrad;
29. Legal person of Promet Šarac d.o.o. /Limited Liability Company/ from Tomislavgrad;
The Indictment and its evidentiary material have been forwarded to the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.