INDICTMENT FILED AGAINST FIVE PERSONS FOR WAR CRIMES COMMITTED IN DRETELJ CAMP02.03.2012. 15:02
- Ivan Zelenika, aka “Zela“, born on 17 October 1953 in Jare, Široki Brijeg Municipality, resident of Mostar, citizen of both BiH and Republic of Croatia, currently in custody,
- Srećko Herceg, born on 01 January 1968 in Humac, Ljubuški Municipality, resident of Ljubuški, citizen of both BiH and Republic of Croatia, currently in custody,
- Edib Buljubašić, born on 07 March 1966 in Varda, Zenica Municipality, currently serving prison sentence in Zenica Penal and Correctional Institution for another criminal offense, citizen of BiH,
- Ivan Medić, born on 31 May 1952 in Radišići, Ljubuški municipality, resident of Ljubuški, citizen of both BiH and Republic of Croatia, currently in custody,
- Marina Grubišić-Fejzić, born on 24 August 1967 in Čapljina, resident of Ilidža, citizen of BiH, currently in custody.
These accused persons have been charged with criminal offenses of Crimes against Humanity, committed with other persons against Serb victims detained in the Dretelj camp, from May to August 1992, as members of HOS, or as Commanders and guards in the Dretelj camp.
These accused persons have been charged with war crimes committed against several hundred Serb victims, mainly Serb civilians from the territory of the municipalities of Mostar, Ljubuški, Čapljina, Stolac and other places.
The detained civilians were kept in inhumane conditions in the Dretelj camp, they were mistreated, looted, beaten, raped and sexually abused, compelled to forced labour, and also tortured in especially degrading manner.
This mistreatment resulted in death of a number of detained persons, whereas some of the detainees were taken away in an unknown direction and have not been found since; mortal remains of some of the victims have been located and exhumed only after the war.
The accused persons have been charged with the commission of the criminal offense of Crimes against Humanity, as referred to in Article 172 of the Criminal Code of BiH.
The Indictment has been forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.