INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST 16 PERSONS IN BOBAR BANK CASE02.02.2017. 15:26
A Prosecutor of the Special Department for Organized Crime, Economic Crime and Corruption issued an indictment in the Bobar Bank case.
The indictment includes 16 persons charged with financial crimes and misconduct which have caused damages of approximately BAM 122, 5 to citizens, businesses and legal entities.
The accused are charged with having, as a group of connected persons, seized control over all affairs of Bobar Banka a.d. Bijeljina, hence enabling approvals for multimillion loans without adequate collateral, which were illegally granted to associated legal entities of Bobar Group and the repayment of which was realistically not possible nor was the loan repayment adequately secured.
In this way they led the bank into financial meltdown which then led to collapse of bank deposits that had been placed in the bank by administrative bodies, as well as citizens, who have, due to the collapse of the bank, lost their investments; and in some cases the investments of individual creditors amounted to several millions.
Considering the fact that health institutes, electro distributing companies, municipalities and other legal entities, as well as individual citizens have invested funds in the bank its collapse has, directly or indirectly, caused damages to many citizens of both BiH entities, as well as Brčko District.
The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH will prove the allegations by calling about 60 witnesses and expert witnesses to testify and more than 2,500 exhibits are enclosed with the indictment.
The investigation and indictment in the Bobar Bank case is one of the most complex financial crime investigations that have been handled in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the first case in which the amount of damages exceeds BAM 100 million.
Requests for issuance of wanted notices will be issued for persons covered by the investigation who are not available and are located outside Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The accused are charged with the criminal offenses of Organized Crime, Abuse of Office or Official Authority, and Money Laundering.
The following persons are indicted:
1. Darko Jeremić, born in 1975 in Bijeljina
2. Peter Cacanović, born in 1955 in Bijeljina
3. Ana Mirosavljević, born in 1976 in Rogatica
4. Dragan Radumilo, born in 1959 in Tuzla
5. Sonja Kurtuma, born in 1976 in Kiseljak
6. Saša Tomić, born in 1980 in Bijeljina
7. Slavica Injac, born in 1956 in Banja Luka
8. Batrić Đurišić, born in 1949 in Ivangrad
9. Zdravko Dubov, born in 1957 in Derventa
10. Igor Prodanović, born in 1974 in Bihać
11. Snežana Vujinić, born in 1961 in Banja Luka
12. Dragica Tomić, born in 1959 in Tuzla
13. Goran Ignjatović, born in 1983 in Zvornik
14. Pajo Panić, born in 1947 in Bijeljina
15. Drago Đukanović, born in 1942 in Bjeloševac
16. Jefa Bošković, born in 1955 in Zvornik
* List of institutions that have suffered damages due to crimes committed:
- Republka Srpska IDB and its funds,
- Republika Srpska Government as its founder,
- F BiH Railways,
- RS Finance Ministry - Tax Administration Bijeljina,
- Municipality of East Novo Sarajevo,
- Health Insurance Fund Brčko District,
- Brčko District Employment Bureau,
- Brčko District Government,
- Developmental-Guarantee fund of Brčko District,
- City of Bijeljina,
- RS Banking Agency,
- BiH Deposit Insurance Agency,
- Utility Company Trebinje,
- BiH Public Railways Corporation
- Central Registry of Securities, Banja Luka,
- RS Pensions Reserve Fund,
- RS Electro distributing company
- Electro distributing company of CCHB,
- Fund For Vocational Rehabilitation of the Disabled Prijedor,
- RS Health insurance Fund
- RS Guarantee Fund
- City of Trebinje,
- HPP Trebišnjica
- HPP Višegrad,
- Public Fund for Child Protection Bijeljina,
- FBiH Highways,
- Directorate for Construction and Development of the City of Bijeljina,
- Bijeljina Pupil Center,
- Student Center Pale,
- RS Public Water
- Municipality of Bileća,
- Municipality of Rudo,
- Municipality of Derventa,
- Municipality of Kotor Varoš,
- RS Post Office
- RS Republic Administration for Geodetic and Property Affairs
- TPP Ugljevik,
- RS Pension Insurance fund - Bijeljina branch,
- Directorate for Construction of Bijeljina,
- BiH Indirect Taxation Authority,
- Other natural and legal persons.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.