INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST 11 PERSONS23.04.2013. 15:22
1. B.L. (1985) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
2. V.M. (1967) from Nikšić - Montenegro, citizen of the Republic of Montenegro,
3. V.D. (1973) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
4. V.D. (1977) from Bileća, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
5. Ž. M. (1983) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Đ. S. (1970) from Berkovići, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
7. J.J. (1981) from Posušje, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republic of Croatia,
8. B.R. (1982) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
9. R.B. (1974) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
10. J.A. (1990) from Posušje, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and
11. S. I. (1980) from Posušje, with, prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The accused are charged that during the period from the beginning of April to the end of May 2011 after the first accused B.L. organized a group of people for smuggling or distribution of goods i.e. cigarettes on which duties were not paid that was well organized hierarchically with clear division of roles among all group members, the group engaged in the transportation of cigarettes from the territory of the Republic of Montenegro to BiH. The goods were then put on market in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina but also smuggled further into the Republic of Croatia, all in the intent of acquiring unlawful gain.
During the aforementioned period, this organized group has smuggled a large amount of cigarettes as determined through analysis of the special investigative action results.
The accused S.I. is charged to have on May 15, 2011 while acting as an official in BiH institutions i.e. junior inspector of the BiH Border Police, failed to perform his official duty and to undertake actions that he ought to have performed against perpetrators of the criminal offense of cigarette smuggling.
BiH Border Police searched the suspects and temporarily seized 21,000 cartons of cigarettes of various brands, with a total retail value of 56,700.00 BAM.
Due to all of the above specified, the accused are charged with having committed the continued criminal offense of Organizing a Group or Association for Smuggling or Distribution of Goods on Which Duties Were Not Paid under Article 215 of the Criminal Code of BiH and the accused S. I. is charged with the criminal offense of Abuse of Office or Official Authority under Article 220 of the same Code.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.