INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST 15 PERSONS21.03.2013. 15:14
Prosecutor of the Special Department for Organized Crime, Economic Crime and Corruption within the Prosecutor's Office of BiH issued an indictment against the following persons:
1. P.I. (1974) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
2. V.I. (1984) from Trebinje, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
3. D.I. (1966) from Trebinje, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
4. G.R. (1986) from Bileća, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
5. LJ. S. (1968) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
6. B.B. (1984) from Bileća, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
7. S.M. (1969) from Berkovići, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
8. D.K. (1983) from Sarajevo, BiH citizen, employee of the State Investigation and Protection Agency – SIPA,
9. N.N. (1982) from Sarajevo, with prior convictions, employee of the BiH Border Police, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,
10. N. B. (1980) from Trebinje, BiH citizen, employee of the BiH Border Police,
11. M. Ć. (1955) from Široki Brijeg, with prior convictions, employee of the Indirect Taxation Authority of BiH.
12. R.V. (1969) from Foča, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
13. D.G. (1977) from Posušje, a citizen of BiH and the Republic of Croatia,
14. M. S. (1964) from Posušje, BiH citizen, and
15. M.M. (1974) in Mostar, BiH citizen employee of the BiH Border Police.
The first accused P.I. is charged to have, in the period from March to early September 2011, organized a group of people for smuggling and distribution of goods on which duties were not paid – cigarettes; the group was joined by other members who were hierarchically structured with clear division of the roles for each member of the group who participated in the transportation of cigarettes from the territory of Montenegro to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The accused N.N., N.B. and M.M. are charged to have, as police officers of the BiH Border Police, failed to perform their official duties and to have omitted to perform acts that ought to have been performed in relation to persons engaged in smuggling of cigarettes. The accused D.K., police officer of the State Investigation and Protection Agency – SIPA, is charged to have disclosed secret data to the accused P.I., whom he knew to be engaged in the smuggling of cigarettes; the accused M.Ć., employee of the Indirect Taxation Authority of BiH, is charged to have, knowing that these persons deal with the smuggling of cigarettes, agreed and promised to return the smuggled cigarettes to the accused P.I..
During the aforementioned period, this organized group of people has smuggled a large amount of cigarettes, as determined through analysis of the special investigative action results.
BiH Border Police searched the suspects and temporarily seized 121,927.00 packs of cigarettes of various brands, which were not labeled by tax stamps of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with a total estimated retail value of 329,202.90, BAM, which were designed for further distribution, because these smuggled cigarettes were deposited in warehouses - i.e. stashed.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.