INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST SEVEN PERSONS FOR ILLICIT TRAFFICKING IN NARCOTIC DRUGS25.12.2012. 12:04
The indictment was issued against the following persons:
- I.V. (1976) from Bijeljina, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republic of Serbia, in custody as of September 5, 2012;
- V.D. (1984) from Bijeljina, BiH citizen;
- T.Z. (1987) from Bijeljina, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republic of Serbia, in custody;
- R.Ž. (1973) from Bijeljina, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in custody;
- R.Z. (1979) from Bijeljina, BiH citizen;
- P.S. (1984) from Bijeljina, BiH citizen; and
- V.R. (1991) from Bijeljina, with prior convictions, a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The accused are charged to have, in the aim of obtaining illicit gain, smuggled narcotic drug "cocaine" on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, FR Germany and other EU countries during 2012.
The indictment alleges that the first accused founded and managed the organized criminal group with clearly defined roles in commission of crimes, which was organized to handle illicit international procurement, purchase, transport, transfer and sale of narcotic drug "Cocaine".
Within the course of the investigation in this case, more than 900 grams of Cocaine - a narcotic drug with the illegal drug market price valued at about 100.000 BAM, were discovered and seized on two occasions.
Due to the existence of elements of international smuggling, the Prosecutor's Office and police agencies have cooperated substantively with judicial and law enforcement agencies of other countries.
The accused are charged with the criminal offense of Organized Crime under Article 250, Paragraph 2 in conjunction with the criminal offense of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs under Article 195, Paragraph 1 of the Criminal Code of BiH.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.