INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST NIHAD BOJADŽIĆ (1962)15.06.2012. 15:07
Nihad BOJADŽIĆ is in custody and there is a pending judicial proceeding against him on indictment for war crimes in Trusina a place located near Konjic, Until he was deprived of liberty in October 2009 he was an active military officer in the BiH Armed Forces. The Prosecutor's Office of BiH issued an indictment against him for the criminal offense of War Crimes committed in the summer of 1993 in the camp "Museum - The Battle of Neretva".
The accused Nihad BOJADŽIĆ is charged with having, during the war in Bosnia and in times of an armed conflict between the Army of BiH and the HVO, in his capacity of a deputy commander of the Special Detachment for Special Purposes of the Supreme Command Staff of the Army of BiH (SDSP SCS) "Zulfikar", acted in violation of the provisions of the Geneva Convention of August 12, 1949 relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War and to the Treatment of Prisoners of War.
Nihad BOJADŽIĆ is, inter alia, charged with the following:
- to have during the month of October 1993, in the field hospital Jablanica, torn an infusion tube from a vein of a patient who was a prisoner causing him to bleed and feel pain and fear. He is also charged that during the month of September 1993 in the field hospital Jablanica he had , on two occasions, threatened with a pistol and prevented doctors to provide medical care to another wounded prisoner, and to have threatened the prisoner in a hospital room and asked for his money;
- to have during the month of June 1993 in an excavated trench at the Command of SDSP SCS "Zulfikar" Army of BiH in Rogić homes in Donja Jablanica, ordered the detained Croats to beat each other, with which they were to proceed until they had no strength left due to sustained physical injuries;
- to have in the second half of the 1993 in Donja Jablanica, in front of the restaurant-kitchen of the SDSP SCS "Zulfikar" of the Army of RBH ordered the captured Croats to form a line and stay put during shelling, and to have ordered the guards to keep them at gunpoint while doing so, thus bringing them in direct life threatening danger;
- to have in the second half of the 1993, in Donja Jablanica, fired a bullet from a gun into a captured Croat's foot causing him serious bodily injuries;
- to have during the month of September 1993 taken out another captive Croat out of the SDSP SCS "Zulfikar" base in Donja Jablanica and fired several pistol shots in his direction causing him to fear for his life;
- to have , in the second half of 1993, in the prison center located in "The Museum-Battle of Neretva", lined up the prisoners among whom was one Serb prisoner to whom he said: "I will rip off your head, Serb."
The accused Nihad BOJADŽIĆ is charged with having committed the criminal offense of War Crimes against Civilians under Article 173 Paragraph 1, Subparagraph c) and War Crimes against Prisoners of War under Article 175, Subparagraph a), in conjunction with Article 180, Paragraph 1 of the Criminal Code of BiH.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.