INDICTMENT ISSUED FOR THE CRIMINAL OFFENCE OF TAX EVASION WITH CORRUPTIVE ELEMENTS THROUGH ORGANIZATION AND EXECUTION OF FICTITIOUS TOBACCO EXPORT27.07.2021. 14:04
- Branko Mičić, born in 1954 in Drvar, residing in Prijedor, citizen of BiH, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Croatia and Hungary,
- Mario Marić, born in 1970 in Sisak, Republic of Croatia, residing in Novi Grad, citizen of BiH and the Republic of Croatia,
- legal entity “GLOBEX TABAK” d.o.o. Banja Luka,
- Novak Stanić, born in 1959 in Banja Luka where he resides, citizen of BiH,
- Dušan Vukotić, born in 1979 in Mannheim, FR Germany, residing in Banja Luka, citizen of BiH and the Republic of Croatia, and
- Miroslav Rakić, born in 1971 in Bihać, residing in Banja Luka, citizen of BiH, employee of the Indirect Taxation Authority of BiH.
It is alleged against the accused that in February 2020, in order to acquire property gain, Branko Mičić as the owner of the legal entity “Globex Tabak” d.o.o. Banja Luka, Mario Marić as the responsible person of the said legal entity and Novak Stanić became members of a group of people organised to directly commit the criminal offence of tax evasion or arrange fictitious tobacco exports. For this purpose, guided by the common interest, they as members of the group played certain roles and had certain tasks by which they allowed the acquisition of the property gain in the amount of BAM 170,658.43, while Marić and the legal entity avoided the payment of VAT in the amount of BAM 29,256.92.
The accused are charged with having committed the following criminal offences: Mario Marić, Branko Mičić and Novak Stanić - the criminal offence of Associating for the purpose of committing criminal offences under Article 249 (2) of the Criminal Code of BiH (CC BiH) as read with paragraph 1 thereof, and the criminal offence of Tax evasion or fraud under Article 210 (3) of the CC BiH as read with paragraph 2 thereof; Dušan Vukotić - the criminal offence of Tax evasion or fraud under Article 210 (3) of the CC BiH as read with paragraph 2 thereof, in conjunction with Article 31 of the CC BiH; and Miroslav Rakić - the criminal offence of Negligent work in office under Article 224 (2) of the CC BiH as read with paragraph (1) thereof. The Accused Mario Marić and the legal entity Globex d.o.o. Banja Luka are charged with having committed the criminal offence of Tax evasion or fraud under Article 210 (1), in conjunction with Article 124 of the CC BiH.
The indictment was forwarded to the Court of BiH.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.