INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST TWELVE PERSONS FOR SMUGGLING OF PERSONS22.05.2013. 15:03
1. Savaš Ereren, born on 22 July 1974 in the Republic of Turkey, who resides occasionally in the Novo Sarajevo Municipality, citizen of Turkey, with prior convictions, currently in custody;
2. Elvir Šaran, born on 01 April 1975 in Tuzla, resident of Živinice, citizen of BiH, with prior convictions, currently in custody;
3. Muharrem Onel, born on 12 September 1975 in the Republic of Turkey, resident of Sarajevo, citizen of Turkey, with prior convictions, currently in custody;
4. Brankica Ivanović, born on 12 February 1979 in Brčko where she also resides, citizen of BiH;
5. Predrag Đurđević aka Drago, born on 28 February 1953 in Brčko where he also resides, citizen of BiH;
6. Šaban Grbo, born on 12 May 1962 in the Republic of Macedonia, resident of Ilidža, citizen of the Republic of Macedonia;
7. Husnija Hrustić aka Hula, born on 30 January 1963 in Doboj, resident of Živinice, citizen of BiH;
8. Sead Omerović aka Joja, born on 07 April 1964 in Vlasenica Municipality, resident of Bosanska Gradiška, citizen of BiH;
10. Sead Džamalija aka Sejo, born on 18 September 1973 in Sarajevo where he also resides, citizen of BiH;
11. Karson Dominković, born on 12 September 1973 in Orašje Municipality where he also resides, citizen of BiH and the Republic of Croatia;
12. Nikola Miličić aka Rosi, born on 28 March 1964 in Orašje Municipality, resident of Lončari Municipality, citizen of BiH.
As alleged in the Indictment, from July to December 2012, for the purpose of international smuggling of persons, the principal defendant Savaš Ereren, motivated by greed, organized and managed a group of persons which participated in the international smuggling of persons – citizens of the Republic of Turkey, through Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia to Slovenia and other countries of the European Union. In the aforementioned period of time, Savaš Ereren was maintaining regular contacts with persons known to him who were outside BiH, and with whom he was arranging the manner in which illegal migrants would be brought to BiH from Turkey, asking at least EUR 3,500.00 for the organization and transportation of one illegal migrant. For the purpose of achieving this goal, other aforementioned suspects joined him and thus they became members of the organized crime group, in the sense of Article 1, Paragraph 20, of the Criminal Code of BiH, who participated in various ways in the above-mentioned period in accepting, accommodating and transporting illegal migrants in the territory of BiH. For the purpose of bringing illegal migrants to BiH, they used legal international land border crossings, and international border crossing of Sarajevo Airport. They were instructing illegal migrants to say that their visit to BiH was a touristic one and that they have also had their hotel accommodation booked in Sarajevo.
As alleged in the Indictment, in the mentioned period of time, the accused persons transported 46 persons from BiH to Croatia and further to the EU countries, all contrary to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and in violation of Article 6 of the Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air (‘Official Gazette of BiH’ - international treaties, No. 3/02), because they had knowledge that these persons did not meet the requirements for legal entry to, or stay in, the European Union countries, and some of these persons neither met the requirements for a legal entry to Croatia. After such a transport, Savaš Ereren, as an organizer of this illegal transport, was paying certain amounts of money to his collaborators in accordance with their previous agreement.
As members of the organized crime group which was organized with the purpose of transporting migrants across the state border of Bosnia and Herzegovina, among which migrants were persons under the age of 18, these accused persons are charged with participating in the transportation of the aforementioned migrants across the state border of Bosnia and Herzegovina to other countries, on several occasions, motivated by greed, whereby they committed the criminal offense of Organized Crime as referred to in article 250 of the BiH CC, in conjunction with the criminal offense of Smuggling of Persons, as referred to in Article 189, of the Criminal Code of BiH.
The Indictment has been forwarded to the Court of BiH for confirmation.
Dear Media Representatives, when transmitting news please bear in mind that persons referred to in the news and information of the BiH Prosecutor's Office, have the status of a suspect or an accused person. Let us remind you of the principle of presumption of innocence, which defines that no person shall be considered guilty until his/her guilt has been established by a final verdict.